Hello there! First of all, I would like to offer my sincere apologies for not posting any sooner, and I also apologize for the lack of pictures in this post. See, I've been baking...a lot. And I kind of...well, I sort of keep forgetting to take pictures of my recipes until it's about time to put the icing on the cake (there's no pun, it just sounds like one). Anywho, here is a picture of one of the end products. The recipe link is attached under the photo. Enjoy!
Simple Vanilla Cake, in the shape of a basketball.
Esther's Buttercream Frosting
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 16oz bag of powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp milk
Food coloring (optional)
- Place the butter in a large bowl. Set the mixer on medium, and cream the butter for 4-5 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
- Add in a cup of powdered sugar, and mix well. Continue adding one cup of sugar at a time and mix thoroughly each time.
- Halfway through the bag of sugar, add in the milk and vanilla extract. Mix on low speed from here on out.
- Add in the rest of the sugar and mix until it is well incorporated.
- Once you're done mixing, you can add food coloring until it has reached the color you want. If the frosting becomes too runny just add in another cup of sugar at a time, until it has reached the consistency you prefer.